Has your landlord failed to protect your tenancy deposit?
If so, you are in the right place. This site has guidance which can help you:
- Find out whether, in your specific circumstances, your landlord has complied with the rules and
- Decide whether you should make a claim if he hasn’t
BUT FIRST – what do the rules say your landlord should do?
1. Protect your deposit with a government approved scheme within 30 days of receipt, and
2. Provide you with information about the scheme he has used. This information can be provided by one or more of the following:
- Information given with your tenancy agreement
- A separate notice, and
- A leaflet provided by the scheme used for this purpose
If you don’t think your landlord has complied with his obligations, then you may be entitled to bring a claim through the courts.
However before launching into a claim, there are some things that need to be sorted out first. This site will guide you through them. Click the red START button at the top right of the screen to begin …
Or >> click here